The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Charlene

I had a delightful trip to get David's milk yesterday. A cocker spaniel came running up to me wanting patted, I collected rocks from the alley for my guppy bowl (we're still going back and forth between 2 boys or a boy and a girl), I met a man who was just stepping out of the taxi after getting home from Belgium and Spain, I saw one of my friends on the street (I'll get back to that), had a cheerful little talk with 2 guys in the grocery store, and spent the rest of the walk home with a train of thought something like, "yellow leaves! orange leaves! pumpkin! grass! SQUIRREL! red leaves! flower!".

It was absolutely delightful.

Back to the friend whose path God sent me across. I hadn't seen Charlene in weeks! She just happened to be across the street from the grocery store. We had a long talk, but the big news is that the same shelter our church works with is going to pay for her to be put up for 6 months starting real soon. It's some kind of re-hab so she can try to, like she said, "Get a life." I'm ecstatic! It sounds so promising and I'm dying to see her doing well. She was one of the first people I'd met up here and I'd been very worried about her. Praise God!

In other news, I organized all our books. They had just been stuck on the shelves until now.
Today, I'm going to make sausage balls for tonight's small group. (Hopefully we'll have enough to freeze afterward!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home