The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Emmanuelle


I do declare! I forgot to gloat! I was terribly concerned that I wouldn't pass the written part of the driver's test thing to get my license Saturday. I missed one less than David did! And he only missed one! I told him I was gonna make sure and gloat on here and then I forgot, so there ya go. Ha ha ha!

Yesterday at church we met several more people. I also talked to the man who's in charge of P.A.D.S. - the work the church does with the homeless in town. Cooking is booked through March. No surprise. Admittedly, it's the easy job. But there's plenty of other things to be doing, and I'd be happy with any. I'm excited about it. I don't actually have anything scheduled yet, but there are folks staying at the building the Sat night after we return from AR. I'm hoping to be there, even if I can't sign up beforehand. Who knows, maybe I'll drag my hubby. Hmm...maybe I should actually ask him before I drag him.

Just before church started yesterday, we were standing in the aisle with about 6 other people from our small group, one holding a baby. And suddenly somebody turns to me blurting out urgently "Can you hold the baby." Uh, ok. So now I'm sitting down in church holding a baby whose name I don't know. I have no idea what David must've been thinking. All it turned out to be, church was starting and her Dad, who was holding her, had to run the soundboard or something. Once he got it started right, he came and took her. All I was thinking was Please Don't Cry. I had no clue where her Dad had gone. It was really funny.
Emmanuelle is currently our youngest small group member.

After church, we did get all of our laundry done. I won't mention to you that I practically antibacterialized the whole kitchen after finding foul-smelling mold in my crockpot. I yelled at David to get one of my housewarmer candles in there on-the-double, too. It worked.

We did 2 weeks' worth of grocery shopping Friday night since we can't go this coming Friday. I've got all the meals planned out. You should see the list. I am organized (when I feel like it), but I'd never before gotten 2 weeks' worth of meals out of one week's worth of budget. YES!

My projects for the day are to have my name changed on my Social Security card, make red and green salsas, and start getting ready to travel. Weeeee!

Adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home