The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Friday, October 20, 2006

First Small Group

We went to our first small group last night! It was awesome. There were a good 20 people including the kids - 9 or 10 women. Hardly anyone there wasn't eager to talk to us. We were very welcome. They have soup and a short devo. Then they do seperate guys and girls stuff. Apparently that always involves the guys saying they need the couch and then the women rolling their eyes as the guys mope away from it.
It was particularly nice for me once it was just the girls. I haven't been able to talk face to face with other women in so long and I really really needed it.
I think my red-headed hermit enjoyed it too. He seemed interested in a couple of the guys. He spoke up to read some too. I love it when he does stuff like that.

One of the women is having a girls' night out at her house on Saturday night. Soooooo, guess where I'm gonna be! That actually works out nicely since David has some office work to do this weekend. He had to bump a couple hours into the weekend to compensate for leaving work early last night.
This is really great for me - having girls. I can't help but think that's going to translate into being great for David, too. He's probably tired of my having to talk to him incessantly.
This girl's apt. is actually also on Washington, just a long way down it. So I should be able to find it alright. It'll be my first driving by myself adventure up here.
Just a note, her name's Laura.
I'm gonna make something to take.

Guess that's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home