The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Going out for Greek

Howdy!
Last night we had dinner with David's boss (Eric) and one of his friends (Grant). It was so much fun! We went out to a Greek place Eric knew of. It was my first Greek food and I must say I've got to learn how to light cheese on fire like that - sweet man. I ate octopus for the first time since Japan, too. They apparently season it better in Greece.
We were there for the purpose of Eric's friend helping me figure out where I might could work around here (no, not ready to do that yet). Grant had grown up in the area and really did have all kinds of awesome ideas. There are a lot of soup kitchens. There are places that help refugees learn how to function here, learn English, and get jobs. All kinds of way-cool, hands-on type stuff.
But even though that was fun, that was not the best part of the conversation. The best part was the simple fact that we sat down and talked for a while with a couple of other Christians! We hadn't done that in Chicago yet. We've spoken briefly with a few, but not really had a conversation. It's good to know David's working for someone who will bless the food with ya.
We talked about what we're looking for in a church and what we'd looked at so far. They suggested a church that's whithin walking distance from our apt. We looked at the website when we got home and we're gonna try it this coming Sunday. We're both really wanting to find a place we can land on.
David's been trying to teach me how the internet works and showing me shortcuts on the keyboard. Not that I'd ever make a career of such things, but it's neat.
I've been walking somewhere nearly every day. I go have lunch with David, or go to the post box, or run to the grocery store. I enjoy it. Today will be the library. We reserved Serenity (movie). It's the finale for a short-lived t.v. series called Firefly. Sci-fi is cool until you watch so much you honestly believe the spaceships are out there with the stars. I'm still completely unconvinced that the Enterprise isn't out there.
So how cool is it when a restaurant keeps advertising something you want and then you get a coupon for it in the mail! Totally for free, don't have to buy anything else to get it. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
I think I'm running out of news. (Molly suggests naps and goldfish crackers if you don't know what to do today.)
ttyl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home