The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Friday, October 27, 2006

I've Got Friends!

Laura (one of them) and her niece and I just went out to lunch and Old Navy. It was so fun! I finally feel like I'm part of the group. Laura has 4 young kids. Carli is their nanny/cook/etc. Carli is 24 too and got married one week after us. Laura had just moved to the area 7ish years ago, so she's trying to help me get hooked up. Carli's also pretty new.

We went to an Indian buffet place that David had also been to and liked. It was good. It'd been years since I'd had Indian. I like mild curries.

Anyway, it was totally comfortable. None of that weird I-don't-know-you junk. They told me where the cheap places are for groceries and clothes. Good to know since I'm the one in charge of shopping!

They, as well as the lady whose house we go to for small group, have invited me to come to their place to hang out. Things are looking up in the friend department and I'm very excited!

David, too, seemed to enjoy talking to Laura's husband last night. He's a computer geek too from what I understand. I see potential!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Jason said...

    So glad to hear how you are settling in to life in IL. God provides! -- Nicole

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home