The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Nutty Weekend

Saturday night was Girls' Night Out at the house of one of the couples from our small group. Totally fun! I already knew a couple of them, but I feel like I could say I know several more now. It was potluck and yacking. Being it a completely new group to me, it was kinda rough - I only stayed 2 hours.
I got my first lesson on how people really eat around here. It's different! I hadn't realized that before. We had raw vegetables with humus, raw fruit with fruit dip, cider instead of Coke - odd. Thank heavens I made a from-scratch chocolate cake. The funny thing is that it took until someone yelled "the cake's leaving!" before anybody touched it - 2 hours! Someone commented that they needed more cooking Southerners up here. I secretly but strongly agreed.

Saturday morning we drove about 20 min to get my IL driver's license. But that busted 'cause I couldn't prove I lived here. Next Saturday we plan to go back with the lease. And get this, just for amusement - I'm trying to prove Goode is really Locke with pill bottles. I have no other proof, seeing as how our marriage license doesn't have my birthdate on it.

Sunday morning our pastor said something that I thought was too simply profound (I meant to say that) to pass up. He made the point that God said He'd love us and that's not something He has any desire to hide from us. So, he said many times he'll just say "God, love me! You said you would, so love me!" It wasn't something I would've thought to do - but don't ya love that idea!

As soon as we got home from church yesterday, I headed to peel potatoes for soup while David headed downstairs with the laundry. Well, both of the machines got the quarter things jammed. We called maintenance and it didn't exactly sound promising. I was afraid our stuff would end up with soap blotches if it stayed down there dry too long, so David brought it all back up and dumped it in the bathtub. It was delightful. I had potatoes boiling and I'm in there pressing all the soaped laundry into the tub water.
Later, when it was pretty obvious nothing was being done about the machines, we wrung out both loads and trash-bagged it to the most crowded laundromat I've ever been too. The rest of the laundry can wait until next weekend!

Oh, yeah. And then I woke up this morning with David yelping. He stepped in a hair ball. I think it changed his fond feelings toward the Princess. He said she's sleeping outside the bedroom tonight. Of course, he's at work right now and she's on the bed.

Also about David, he's growing his mustach back. I like the way it looks. Well, not currently - but I will when it grows back.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Jason said...

    I would be yelping too, if I stepped in a hairball. Not a good way to start the day! :) Sympathies to him.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home