We Have a Life!
We're suddenly busy! It's great!
Last night was small group. I made sausage balls, and good thing 'cause we ran out of soup. However, I used spicy sausage, and holy cow! Not doin' that again. I guess that helped 'em last longer.
We split guys and girls and had a confession time. Coolest idea. Just a chance to name it for what it is and help each other talk through how to be different. Also focused on trying to figure out what the root of problems was. That was really helpful too. It helped me see some things with a lot more clarity, and I know it did for some of the other women, too.
In about 2 hours, I'm being picked up for lunch by one of the women - one of the 3 Laura's. She and her kids' nanny, who got married one week after us, are going out. She might even show me around Oak Park a bit, but I'm not sure.
Tonight is a praise and prayer time at church that we hope to go to after we go grocery shopping. It starts at 10, but we won't be able to get there until then anyway!
We'll have to be up by 8 to go try again to get my driver's license. Hopefully I'll have all the right paper work this time. IL requires a lot when you come from out of state, and when you come from out of state with a changed last name - gag me.
We also have to finish some shopping for the trip we're taking next weekend. Sunday is laundry for two weeks since last weekend's was a fiasco. And at some crazy point in all this, I'm hoping to go to Petco and get my 2 guppies. (They'll both be male. I consented.)
And can I just say Ack! Maybe we'll go to bed early Sunday night, but I think we're not sleeping until then.
Toodles
Last night was small group. I made sausage balls, and good thing 'cause we ran out of soup. However, I used spicy sausage, and holy cow! Not doin' that again. I guess that helped 'em last longer.
We split guys and girls and had a confession time. Coolest idea. Just a chance to name it for what it is and help each other talk through how to be different. Also focused on trying to figure out what the root of problems was. That was really helpful too. It helped me see some things with a lot more clarity, and I know it did for some of the other women, too.
In about 2 hours, I'm being picked up for lunch by one of the women - one of the 3 Laura's. She and her kids' nanny, who got married one week after us, are going out. She might even show me around Oak Park a bit, but I'm not sure.
Tonight is a praise and prayer time at church that we hope to go to after we go grocery shopping. It starts at 10, but we won't be able to get there until then anyway!
We'll have to be up by 8 to go try again to get my driver's license. Hopefully I'll have all the right paper work this time. IL requires a lot when you come from out of state, and when you come from out of state with a changed last name - gag me.
We also have to finish some shopping for the trip we're taking next weekend. Sunday is laundry for two weeks since last weekend's was a fiasco. And at some crazy point in all this, I'm hoping to go to Petco and get my 2 guppies. (They'll both be male. I consented.)
And can I just say Ack! Maybe we'll go to bed early Sunday night, but I think we're not sleeping until then.
Toodles

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home