Weekend News

Howdy, friends and family. It looks like where we went to church the last couple Sundays we'll be stickin' with. We've committed to visiting a certain home group this Thursday night. We briefly met the man whose house it's at. I can't wait to report Friday morning!
We got entirely caught up on our laundry yesterday afternoon and found clothes that had been missing since our honeymoon. Is that 7 weeks? Pretty bad.
We made a cheese soup Friday night that had tons of green peppers and tomatos in it. It was thick was vegetables, almost like chili-thick. Guess which one of us licked the bowl clean and which one threw away the vegetables. He loves it! I can't hardly chew through all the veggies and he wants more soup! Oh, and he asked for more gravy last night too - which was nothin' but cream of mushroom soup. I'm finding he's not nearly as hard to feed as I thought he'd be.
We talked to Grandma Phyllis last night for about an hour. Well, mostly I did. I have some excellent friends, but it's good to have someone as odd as I am. Go, Grandma! Turns out she also is interested in working with homeless ministries. The one she helps is for kids. She had some awesome stories to tell me.
The lesson in church yesterday seemed really relevant to me. It was about prayer. Came from the second half of Ephesians 1. Paul gave specifics on the things he prayed for for his friends and pointed out that it wasn't just a one-time prayer. The idea was that if it worked for Paul, it'll work for us. Pray frequently, and pray for the same types of things - apparently they're important.
The last weekish, it's been getting pointed out to me that God actually acts on the things we pray for. I'm having a wretchedly hard time believing at this point that he actually understands me. But I am seeing that he's faithful to move on what I'm needing - or somebody else is needing. He moves on all types of things. I was very worried about getting to keep Molly when I moved up here, but she's asleep beside me now. He's faithful - albeit confusing at times.
I made David ask me to sweep the house just so I'd actually do it. So now I'm stuck. He also needs another gallon of milk, so I got stuff to do.
hugs to you all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home