First Time with P.A.D.S.

We've had one of our busier weekends yet - not that 11ish weekends is a lot. Nonetheless...Friday night it had been thunderstorming for hours so David went ahead and came home at the usual time - mainly because I get creaped out by them. We did our usual grocery shopping when he got back, and oh did we ever find a store! One of the Laura's told me about it because it's cheap. Tomatoes, I noticed, were less than a third what we'd been paying! The place looked a lot like Sam's Club. All functional. But cheap! We'll start going there. Too, I found that the little place I go to get David's milk is just as cheap on produce. They don't have much variety, but I can sure get the basics there. We can start eating avocados again! Grocery shopping excites me if ya can't tell.
Saturday at 6, David dropped me off at the church building for P.A.D.S. He left for the office. I had a blast! One of the guys from our small group was running it, so he showed me around and explained what was going on. Then I headed for the kitchen and helped out in there. Guests don't arrive until 7:30, so there was a long lull where I could meet the other helpers and learn some stuff. I stayed through dinner and shortly after it was cleaned up, David picked me up again.
This morning I e-mailed the lady who, if I understand right, is in charge of P.A.D.S. for this area. I was simply telling her I've got several days a week to be doing this and need to know who to talk to. I'm anxious to get a reply. I intend to dive in. I've waited long enough up here, lazying around with Molly. But I can atleast busy myself for 2 days I'm sure. I've gotta cook all the stuff we just bought and clean.
I did find out that there's a no-women-overnight rule with P.A.D.S. That means I won't be there between about 9:30 and 6? AM. That's helpful to know. And David's work schedule is flexible, so we think we'll be able to spend just as much time together.
Hopefully there'll be more to report soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home