Cookin' and Weekend Plans

It should be pretty easy to update you on what we've been up to:
David went to work yesterday.
I stayed in the kitchen for kid-you-not 9 1/2 hours. Mini meatloaves, spaghetti sauce, manicotti, chicken yum-yum, fudge pie. And all the dishes in all their glory - including lots of antibacterial stuff because of lots of raw meat. I had to unload and re-load the freezer just to wiggle it all in. David helped. And then after we ate the (gross) manicotti, I cooked for another hour.
It was in the low 20's all day and I kept the kitchen window open about 6 inches from noon to 9. (It's right by the oven.) And I had stuff sitting in the window sill to cool.
Crazily, today I have to make chicken 'n' dumplin's so the buttermilk won't go bad. I'll just freeze that, too. If it fits.
Tomorrow (Sat), we're gonna be at church from 9-5 for a seminar and at 5:30 Sunday morning, David's dropping me off at the building for PADS. We plan to sleep and do NOTHING else all Sunday afternoon.
Hopefully, Tuesday will be the PADS volunteer training thing. But I haven't heard back and I should.
I'm gonna do the budget and clean the house now. Somebody write me - I like to talk.
hawli

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home