Small Group Party

We went to our small group potluck last night. It was 50% cheeses! I've never seen that happen. There were 4 block cheeses, 3 cheese dips, and my pasta had cheese chunks.
Everybody brought a book they had at home to exchange. We did that thing where you can draw blindly out of a bag of them, or you can steal one from somebody else and then they have to draw again. It was half an hour of screaming, laughing, and bartering. David aimed for a book for me, so I've got 2 good ones. One is the autobiography of the man they made "Hotel Rwanda" about. The other is called Bruchko - about a 19 year old guy who was taken captive (?) by an Indian tribe in South America. That's an autobiography, too. I'd already heard about both those guys, so I think they ought to be fascinating stories. Amusingly, our best couple-friends got the 2 books we brought.
Ok, well actually, what David brought was a folder titled "The Internet" and it had a piece of notebook paper inside listing his most frequented sites. But the guy that got it is also a full-fledged geek and the most appropriate person there to have gotten it.
Oh! I left out the part about a little cluster of us caroling around the piano. We were totally botching a song, so David, more animated than I've ever seen him, starting singing it opera-style. I cracked up and couldn't sing. Our friend beside him (who got his folder) joined! It was the most ridiculous and un-David-like spectacle I've seen lately.
We picked up and took home the group's babysitter, who we hadn't officially met until we picked her up. Turns out she's a freshman in a junior college here, and we had a great conversation. I think we're gonna get together over her Christmas break. David only gets Christmas day off, but she'll have a few weeks.
Guess that's all. Y'all have a lovely!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home