The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

...My Face

Ok, so I know it looks like I'm just trying to work in another picture of The Fluff. But in the picture where the bracelet really looked best, my hand was flat-out yellow. (Y'all can thank Bethany for asking for the pic.) This is what David gave me for Valentine's.

Let's see, I need to give y'all the update:
Last Thursday at group we got to hear an explanation of how the dinosaurs fit in with the Bible, which is so way cool. And by some bizarre twist, I made a salsa sale. David and I are going grocery shopping tonight and I'm cooking salsas tomorrow - I've got 26 tomatillos and 14 jalapenos on my list.
Saturday we went to the mall (me for the first time in IL) and scoured it for snowboots. I got very mild frostbite last week and vowed to fix that. I tried on some pretty rad knee-high boots but couldn't zip them over my um, well-shaped calves. So I ordered some on-line which should come as early as tomorrow.
We also went out for our first Valentine's dinner as hubby and rib. SO WAY VERY COOL TOTALLY EXCITING HOW GOOD IS MY LIFE!!! (I think you get the point.) Oh, it was Italian.
Sunday we helped a friend take home a new mattress and spent a while at Burger King with him.
Oh, I forgot; Friday night we had PADS from 10:30-2. Basically, we just read Reader's Digest from 2000 the whole time. I think our PADS stuff averages out to about once a week.
So that's what we've been doing.

On a different note, I honestly think my face has changed in the last 6 months. I was staring at it in the mirror the other day, laughing hysterically. I kept seeing facial expressions that I never have before. It looked like somebody else's face! It was so weird! My guess is that the fact that I've taken on a new identity in the last 6 months has literally changed how I look. And it makes sense! I think differently and feel differently, so that would alter what's seen on my face. It's amazing. I didn't know it was possible to have that happen. But I love what I see! Looking in the mirror is like looking at the face of a delighted stranger. I usually have wide eyes and a big smile and I can honestly say I think that girl's really pretty! She looks so different from what I know as "me."

Our lives have different "seasons" that vary in length. But I'm confident that this half-year of being David's Rib and getting closer to God has been the best "season" my life has had so far.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger Jason said...

    Isn't marriage wonderful. Thanks for sharing these thoughts. -- Nicole

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home