The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Monday, April 09, 2007

MPfreedomfighter


Hey Family Types,

I was gonna do a big Easter tell-all, but no cigar. I got up at 1:00. David'll come home in an hour and a half.


So here's what I'll tell instead:

I got an e-mail from Mark this morning saying what his i.m. name was. It's MPfreedomfighter. He's on AOL's AIM i.m. I added it to our list and a few seconds later, he logged on! So, I talked to him for like an hour this morning (Mon). Here's the scoop:


  • He saw a small camel spider attack and eat a roach yesterday.

  • He's now on the bottom bunk and surrounded it with sheets for privacy and dust protection. His bunk is 6 inches from the door of their building (30 guys).

  • He says between 6-9 am our time is when to catch him on i.m.

  • He sleeps on missions because he's getting 4-6 hours a night in bed. He says on missions he usually does that or searches vehicles. But yesterday he did word search puzzles for 3 hours.

  • He said after that bat landed on his pillow (y'all got the e-mail?), he took the case of and shook the dust out before he slept on it. It's an amusing picture.

  • The biggest camel spider he's seen was like 3 1/2 inches including the legs.

  • He might get moved up to specialist soon. That means more pay and he does want the promotion. They said they might go ahead and give him a waiver.

  • He likes David's "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" icon.

  • When I asked him if he did anything for Easter, he said "yeah, I woke up, went out on mission, came back, and went to chow. That was my Easter."

  • The last time he was able to go to a church service was Nov-Dec and he says he's looking forward to it.

  • Part of our conversation ended with, "Ok, we'll see who's laughing when I get home and I have a hard, small stomach unlike some sis's I know."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home