The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sugar Dumplin'


Here Mom and Dad:


  • I put a link to his new blog on the right side of this one.

  • He doesn't know what the bldg he lives in used to be.

  • The orangey pictures were taken this morning when it was windy. It was so windy he watched a chopper try to land at least 5 times "and it finally just left." His room and face were today, too.

  • Mom, he did add your new im name.

  • While talking to me he was also talking to Jordan and playing vid games.

  • He had a shift starting at 11:30 PM if I understand right.

  • B/c it rained, his feet didn't get muddy on the way back from the shower - fascinating, I know.

  • Their shower stalls are 100m from his door. He hasn't seen a flushing john since Baghdad.

  • The chowhall is "a cardboard box with a bunch of food in it." I asked him where the kitchen was and he doesn't know! He couldn't tell me if it was even on one side of the chowhall or not. He said it has folding tables and chairs and seats about 100. Buffet style.

  • Iraqi men are the kitchen crew. (He doesn't seem intent on being nice to them though. That's a punch in the gut to me.)


The first of my "total of 4" women's Bible studies was this morning. The little series is called "Is Your Mouth Saved?" and basically talks about the impact of the words we say - good and bad. This morning was not very concrete - it was one of those "good to discuss" topics, but not good to decide much on I think. We were trying to understand to what extent we can follow that "name it and claim it" concept. No one seemed to go whole-heartedly with it. But there are certain things we know for facts - like that we are a new creation. Makes sense to declare that clear-cut stuff as true at least!
Anyway, it was a good make-you-think discussion.

Tomorrow (Thurs) is the neur appt. I'll up-date by Friday. Oh boy oh boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home