The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fluffy Woodpecker



On Sunday, we were walking down the sidewalk on the way to the car when I spotted one of these (but with less grown-up feathers). It's a baby woodpecker, about the size of a sparrow. It was hanging off the side of a tree trunk about our chest-level and just 6 or so feet away. It seemed oblivious that we were there. The little guy seemed quite happy poking the tree with his little beak and pecking at whatever was running out of it.

We stood there for several minutes watching him work and laughing at him. It was absolutely delightful to see one of these not-your-everyday birds AND IN SOFT CUDDLY BABY FORM! I wanted to stick my nose in its tummy!!!

I SO wished I had my camera. With the close-up thing on it, I could've gotten pictures just as good as this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home