The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Go, Tiffany!

Lookey! It's my Ma and Pa and my brother's gf - at her graduation. Go, Tiff'ny! Way to score the Honors Collar - woooooo!!! Yes, folks. Tiff's just cool like that.

In other less exciting (for Tiff) news: David and I went to Starved Rock yesterday. David's all like, "I'm a monkey loose in a jungle!" I'm like, "I can feel the muscles over my shins now."

We did have lots of fun. We spent 4 hours going up and down hills in shallow canyons, on narrow muddy paths, which were covered in tree roots. But, there was also rain in the tops of the trees when nobody else was around - ahhh, and there were fish at least a foot and a half long, and there was one fish like 2 or more feet long that looked like a mammoth goldfish, and there was a waterfall that we had to walk behind. The waterfall fell over sandstone, so even way back behind it, the "ceiling" was dripping as the water seeped through the rock. That creeped me out. There were tons of tiny curly ferns and lots of weird plants I'd never seen before. I kept looking for gators among the logs on the edges of the water. David seemed amused by that.

We didn't get bug bit or nothin'!

Oh, Dad wants to know why it's called Starved Rock:
There's a legend about how the Illinois Indians got into a fight with another tribe and after a while ended up seeking refuge on the not-so-big, yet tall rock. They were surrounded and weren't overtaken until they nearly starved to death.
There's a nearby cliff over the river called Lover's Leap 'cause there's a story about an Indian girl whose warrior bf didn't come back for her so she jumped. It sounded like Shakespeare-gone-wrong.

Ok. That's all. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home