Courage Under Fire

I'm trying to sort this all out in my head. I want at least 6 (surviving!) kids. If they were spaced 2 years apart, and I got going now, I'd have the last one at 38. Not sure what to think of that. Possible? Sure! Probable? Hm.
- There's the "wait a year 'till I'm healthy" alternative. Make them 18 months apart. Maybe.
- There's the "have twins" alternative. As if I could control that in any form.
- There's the "adopt some of 'em" alternative. Can't really know that can happen either.
The "wait a year 'till I'm healthy" version looks most logical. But people, what would make me think I can do that? My current make-a-baby rating is a big fat 0%. I realize a lot of women will lose one and have no more problems. But when your success rate is losing all you've ever had, it's a lot easier to dwell on the woman you know of who has made 17 babies - 3 of whom made it out of her tummy. Know what I mean?
I did realize one thing though: My Gran had the courage to go through this for 2 decades before she had her only baby in her arms. Guts run in my family, people! My Gran and I have something hard-core in common. We both know the value of a single baby girl. We both know the desperate longing. I'd always seen her as my grandmother. She's fast becoming my hero and "fellow mommy." We're fellow warriors now. Who knew.
Labels: Miscarriage

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home