The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Doing Better!


Picture just cracks me up.

Someone actually figured out that I was pregnant last Sunday just by noticing the bump! YES! How cool am I? Very cool! I definitely have a visible bump, but I think most people wouldn't notice it. You'd have to look. And depending on who you may be, I might prefer you didn't!

I've had another week now to look for the baby. Still can't find him. But all of womankind is swearing to me he's really in there somewhere, and surely not all of womankind can be lying with such consistency. Guess he'll turn up at some point. (I have a funny bump on my scalp. I wonder if...)

I told y'all I ordered some diapers and wipes. I've got 6 of the diapers and 16 wipes now. They are SO fun to play with! I realized though that we ordered rather expensive diapers that are designed to cover like a 5 pound weight range. Maybe not so smart. Need to try and think around that when I order more. But hey, they're fun to play with!

The ticker on the right is counting down time to March. We had assumed I'd be getting off the antibiotic sometime in March. Not looking like it anymore, but the Lyme relapses are certainly less severe and I feel confident I'll be able to get off pre-birth. I'll leave the ticker there, but I thought I'd update you.

__________

My feet are definitely doing better. Some of our friends at group last night told me I look like a different person. And the woman who works with my chiro said this morning that it's so good to see me walking and smiling. I must agree with all of them!

I am still hurting and we are still trying to get me treated. But it's awesome to be able to smile again. Yesterday, I was able to spend about 2 hours on my feet. I got 5 shirts ironed, 1 load of laundry put away, and about that amount of work done on the aquarium. Amazing when you couldn't walk at all a few days before!

One of our friends is coming to help clean the kitchen today AND she's going grocery shopping for us! Bless her soul. At the rate we're going, the second trimester looks like it might actually be fun. I really didn't anticipate that. Thank God!

All that we've been able to confirm medically is that I'm malnourished. And I hear that for that to show up, it has to be bad. I've been able to eat enough. The catch is that I hadn't been eating enough nutrients. Because I'm not under-nourished, we didn't realize it - I look healthy enough. Anyway, we're REALLY pushing the nutrients now along with the calories. Here's hoping that's all it was, but we don't know.

The appt with the neurologist was useless enough to not bother going into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home