Prayer is Helping - Please Keep it Up
Muscle Cramp Update
I told you a few posts ago that I'd had a severe foot spasm and that my foot hadn't relaxed for a month. What I never said on the blog is that it's moved to atleast 13 muscles now, that I hadn't slept more than 6 broken hours a night in all that time, and that I'd been crying my eyes out.
Last Thursday, it got worse and we went to the ER. They couldn't find anything and sent me away with a shot of anti-inflammatory (barely helped at all.) We went from there straight to the church building where I cried (more!) and friends prayed for me. The following Sunday morning, I sent a prayer request out again and saw results that afternoon. Every day since has been better than any day in the previous month. I'm still in pain and crying daily, but it's so much more tolerable. Please keep praying - NOTHING has been so effective.
__________
The only other thing that has made any difference is a chiropractor. We went to her for the first time Wednesday afternoon. Noticeable difference. I was taking 6 inch "steps" going in, and was able to walk out - not normally, but I could walk. We went back Thursday night, and for about 3 minutes after she was done, my feet and legs felt normal. They hadn't felt like they're supposed to feel for a month! Of course, they're tight again now (Fri), but they haven't full-scale cramped since then. We go back Saturday.
__________
We're strongly suspecting something called myotonia. It's a genetic disorder that causes muscles to contract uncontrollably, and it's made worse while pregnant. We have an appointment with a neurologist on Monday morning to test for it and to get some additional brainstorming.
__________
Can I just add how little respect I have for the medical community at large? After numerous other experiences, I already wasn't likin' them any. But I've now had an ER staff and my Lyme doc act like this is normal - ya know, "women get cramps when they're pregnant - big deal." If I had the physical strength to do it, I would've broken/thrown/hit/destroyed something by now.
The Other News
Best I understand it, Super-Baby should now be fully formed and just needs to get bigger (basically). He's kicking and squirming. But ya know what I feel? FAT! I feel dangerously sick and also fat.
It's like fatness with a promise; "Now if you'll just spend a few months getting fat and feeling like dirt, then you're gonna get to be pregnant! Won't that be fun?!"
I keep staring at my belly thinking, "Bull. Where? I don't see anything."
This detail about the baby not seeming real is NOT HELPING ME when I'm in serious pain and wanting to take/do anything to relieve it. I'm double dosing on the Tylenol as it is and that puts a very pained look on David's face. And to think I used to look down on women who would put their babies at risk! That was back when I didn't know this kind of pain existed. I think I'd prefer to stay self-righteous and ungrateful and still not know. (And can I reiterate that prayer is making a difference? Thank God!)
__________
Because we've been so focused on figuring out and treating these cramps, finding a midwife had to be ditched.
But get this, one who we interviewed and really liked got a prayer request from me when I just hit "select all" in my address book. She wrote back offering help and prayer. So guess who we've decided to go with? I like this chick! Her response just confirmed my gut feeling from when we talked to her before.
Her name is Jennifer and our first appt (besides the initial consultation/interview) is set for Thursday, January 24th.
That gives us 2 weeks to focus on fixing my useless feet - or time to figure out how to neatly cut them off. Haven't decided yet. What are you laughing at? I'm getting more and more resolute on this one.
__________
I've ordered 9 newborn diapers and 20 wipes online. They should come in next week, and I can't wait! We intended to wait another month, but David said I needed to go ahead and do it just for me. I've been so stuck in the pain and fear that's come with being pregnant, I can't think about the baby part of it.
__________
And in useless news: I'm sure many of you have heard the tale of me hearing Molly barfing, and coming around the corner to find her face buried in David's shoe. Well, about a week ago she found his other pair of shoes. She also frequents attacking his shoelaces. The girl has a thang for them feet.
I told you a few posts ago that I'd had a severe foot spasm and that my foot hadn't relaxed for a month. What I never said on the blog is that it's moved to atleast 13 muscles now, that I hadn't slept more than 6 broken hours a night in all that time, and that I'd been crying my eyes out.
Last Thursday, it got worse and we went to the ER. They couldn't find anything and sent me away with a shot of anti-inflammatory (barely helped at all.) We went from there straight to the church building where I cried (more!) and friends prayed for me. The following Sunday morning, I sent a prayer request out again and saw results that afternoon. Every day since has been better than any day in the previous month. I'm still in pain and crying daily, but it's so much more tolerable. Please keep praying - NOTHING has been so effective.
__________
The only other thing that has made any difference is a chiropractor. We went to her for the first time Wednesday afternoon. Noticeable difference. I was taking 6 inch "steps" going in, and was able to walk out - not normally, but I could walk. We went back Thursday night, and for about 3 minutes after she was done, my feet and legs felt normal. They hadn't felt like they're supposed to feel for a month! Of course, they're tight again now (Fri), but they haven't full-scale cramped since then. We go back Saturday.
__________
We're strongly suspecting something called myotonia. It's a genetic disorder that causes muscles to contract uncontrollably, and it's made worse while pregnant. We have an appointment with a neurologist on Monday morning to test for it and to get some additional brainstorming.
__________
Can I just add how little respect I have for the medical community at large? After numerous other experiences, I already wasn't likin' them any. But I've now had an ER staff and my Lyme doc act like this is normal - ya know, "women get cramps when they're pregnant - big deal." If I had the physical strength to do it, I would've broken/thrown/hit/destroyed something by now.
The Other News
Best I understand it, Super-Baby should now be fully formed and just needs to get bigger (basically). He's kicking and squirming. But ya know what I feel? FAT! I feel dangerously sick and also fat.
It's like fatness with a promise; "Now if you'll just spend a few months getting fat and feeling like dirt, then you're gonna get to be pregnant! Won't that be fun?!"
I keep staring at my belly thinking, "Bull. Where? I don't see anything."
This detail about the baby not seeming real is NOT HELPING ME when I'm in serious pain and wanting to take/do anything to relieve it. I'm double dosing on the Tylenol as it is and that puts a very pained look on David's face. And to think I used to look down on women who would put their babies at risk! That was back when I didn't know this kind of pain existed. I think I'd prefer to stay self-righteous and ungrateful and still not know. (And can I reiterate that prayer is making a difference? Thank God!)
__________
Because we've been so focused on figuring out and treating these cramps, finding a midwife had to be ditched.
But get this, one who we interviewed and really liked got a prayer request from me when I just hit "select all" in my address book. She wrote back offering help and prayer. So guess who we've decided to go with? I like this chick! Her response just confirmed my gut feeling from when we talked to her before.
Her name is Jennifer and our first appt (besides the initial consultation/interview) is set for Thursday, January 24th.
That gives us 2 weeks to focus on fixing my useless feet - or time to figure out how to neatly cut them off. Haven't decided yet. What are you laughing at? I'm getting more and more resolute on this one.
__________
I've ordered 9 newborn diapers and 20 wipes online. They should come in next week, and I can't wait! We intended to wait another month, but David said I needed to go ahead and do it just for me. I've been so stuck in the pain and fear that's come with being pregnant, I can't think about the baby part of it.
__________
And in useless news: I'm sure many of you have heard the tale of me hearing Molly barfing, and coming around the corner to find her face buried in David's shoe. Well, about a week ago she found his other pair of shoes. She also frequents attacking his shoelaces. The girl has a thang for them feet.

2 Comments:
At 8:53 PM ,
Unknown said...
I saw your posts on MDC and then followed your link to your blog. How awful it must be to have these things going on and be preggo. Pregnancy is a time when you should only have to focus on the baby :( Regardless, I just wanted to offer prayers for you. I truly believe in the power of prayer and know that God can heal, if He sees fit to do so. He is such a loving Father. I am currently trying to heal from this terrible disease myself and I feel for you.
At 6:14 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hey! Hope ya know that ya dont LOOK fat! I always though it would better, because if you feel fat and you look fat, YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE! "I'm pregnant! Are you BLIND???" Ok, maybe not THAT rude.... But you get it. I think you look rather shapley! (Shape-Lee) ANYWAY! Bye!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home