The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day Number 2

Today was Day Number 2 of being home alone. I've been sticking with my schedule from counseling. That tells me what topic to work on when, so I don't really get a chance to think - which would likely lead to an anxiety attack or worse. David calls every hour to make sure I'm still ok - no one roll your eyes, there've been days when he couldn't go to work at all. He doesn't "allow" me to stand much while he's gone either for fear I'll over-do it, make my feet hurt, and proceed to panic.

Anyway, the counseling schedule keeps me busy until 5:30 and then there's only 2 hours left to stay busy until David gets home.

At the moment, those 2 hours are spent catching up on my email and forums. I'm also nearly done getting something like birth announcements ready to send out. The ones going to family members have already been sent.

I don't know what I'll do with those 2 hours once all my sit-down work is done. We've already gotten pretty creative with how to make standing work sitting work. Won't be a prob for another week though.
_______________

I'm at a complete loss as to how to feel about pregnant women, and women with little ones (Eden would be about 2 weeks old now). I'm jealous, happy for them, scared for them, and feeling passed-over/left-out. The doc Monday mentioned that babies die for a reason - that they're sick and their deaths are "good." Yes. He used the word "good." Bet you can guess how I feel about that.

One thing about it, I don't have any of the negative feelings toward women that have lost a child too. I figure they EARNED the kids they have. Rejoicing comes easy there.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger James & Andrea said...

    I understand your feelings. I haven't gone through ANY of the trauma associated with loosing a baby. We haven't even TRIED to have a baby and still I have to turn my head away sometimes when I look at new babies and huge pregnant bellies and soft baby clothes.

    Just now while following another link, I found this blog. It doesn't really give a lot of information, but you might get some if you contact her.

    http://betterbirth.blogspot.com/2008/01/miscarriage-is-there-answer.html

    I'm glad you're back to blogging. We've been terrible at it lately. I'll be checking in. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

    Love,
    Andrea

     
  • At 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That doc was one of the most insensitive people!!!!! I would give anything to have my baby back. There was nothing "good" about her death. Nothing. How can a healer believe that someone sick who dies is a good thing?! I hope he never has to experience all the pain and loss of hope/faith in life that comes with losing a baby.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home