The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

No Accidental Adoptions

This cracked me up so thoroughly I had to share. I totally took it from another blog (which I figure to be fine since it says "anonymous" at the end. But to give credit anyway, it's this blog: http://brierrose.blogspot.com

Y'all enjoy:

Honey, sit down. I have some news for you.

What is it?

Well, I don't know how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I went to the mailbox today and...well we got an I-171H. What?! An I-171H?

As in, we're going to have another baby?!

Looks that way. But how? We've been so careful! I put away all the blank I-600A forms. Didn't you hide our homestudy update?

Of course I did, but don't forget, there was that one night....

What night? Ohhh, that night. But it was only once. We were just messing around. I didn't print clearly! I didn't even use ink! But it was kind of fun, wasn't it? So now we've got our I-171H, eh? But that doesn't always mean you'll adopt does it? I mean, shouldn't you see the agency or something? Make sure everything is okay?

I already did. And I'm five documents along.

Five documents?! And they're all notarized, certified, authenticated okay?

Just great. There was one small scare when the agency couldn't see the notary's middle initial, but it showed up under the magnifying glass.

Thank God! And you honey? Are you feeling okay?

I'm feeling fine. As long as I know you're happy about this.

Happy?! I'm thrilled! It's always a surprise when something like this happens, but of course I am happy! ~~anonymous

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger James & Andrea said...

    That is really funny! I guess it's true. No one will be able to look at your family and wonder if your baby was wanted. You had to REALLY, REALLY want it to go through the cost, pain, and hassle you will be going through over the next months.

    But somehow, adoptions always make me say, "Aww!" more than just the regular method of getting children. It reminds me of all Christians--unwanted, abused, and abandoned by the world and adopted into the loving family of God. You two are in my prayers.

    Andrea

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home