The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Surely Not MY God

Looking back through my blog archives, I just found this. It was written in November.

"I'm back to being able to keep my daily routine that I'd set up a couple months before getting sick... 3 months of not always even being able to cook our food... Glory be, I got my life back! ... I'd (basically) been sick for 5 months up through Sunday, was prayed for, and Monday I was the Holly of 5 months ago again. This is Wednesday. I'm convinced."

Holy cow! What?! This was just a month before early December, when life got really bad with the pain in my feet and I couldn't walk much anymore! How long has this sickness stuff been going on? Is it really possible that I thought things had been bad before December? Seriously? Surely the current pain relief I've got isn't the calm before the storm again. Surely. That's not the God I know.

Praise God who gave me that one month break! And praise God who has given me this 2 week break (and counting)! God can heal. God can give children to his children. God is a good father who delights to bless us. Praise God!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Campbell Family said...

    Just wanted to let you know that I am still reading, still thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer. I also wanted to let you know as you pursue adoption that I have a couple of friends who have or are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia -- Brooke Ray and Teague Meyer. You can link to both of them via our blog (look in the "Family and Friends" section on the sidebar) and read their stories. Brooke also has several links to other blogs she found of people who have adopted from Ethiopia. You might enjoy reading about other's experiences. Love, Laura

     
  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Holly and David said...

    Laura, loving the links. Been reading all morn. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home