The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Flame-Throwers and Baby Fish



Most interesting news of the week:
Monday night, David's whole office had a party. I think 11 people total. We went to a cooking school nearby and got to cook about 6 different dishes.
Highlight of the evening: being the first volunteer to jump up and use the flame-thrower! (We made creme brulee.)
David's boss had us all choose an item from the school's store to take home. I've got a bodacious apron now! It's black with big white flowers. I'm planning to use cross-stitching thread to add color to the flowers.

This week's been interesting.
  • Sunday, I got to be one of many who told the whole church what God has done for me lately - the major pain relief I've gotten more than anything. How awesome to be able to publicly give glory to God!
  • I've spent several days re-doing my daily routines and what I write on the calendar. They follow Flylady's uh... flight path now. They're also much more condensed and easy to follow.
  • Our first box (for the move) is packed.
  • I consented to play a game with David both Sunday and yesterday and enjoyed them. Two in one week is a record! We've discovered that if we figure out how I can "play house" as I play the game, I'm far more likely to enjoy it. With Puzzle Pirates, I'm trying to earn money to buy a sink for our shack. With Settlers, I'm pretending I'm homesteading.
  • The guppy had 7+ babies yesterday. Two parents, 4 adolescents, and 7+ babies, for a total of 13+ guppies!
  • Oh, and as of this week, I'm cooking again. We're doing a decent job of pulling out of "Holly's Sick Mode." The house is back in order sans budget and a thorough sweeping. The later of which I do not plan to do.
  • Speaking of cooking, I melted a pound of chocolate and stirred in some left-over nuts. And then I licked the spoon. And the pot. And the measuring cup. And the parchment paper. And the tupperware. And my hands. And the stove... What? :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home