Tweetie

Went to the Lyme doc this Wednesday. Got the Lyme blood test again but don't have results yet. However, based on the MSA (a test), I was able to get off FIVE of my supplements. We're down to just 22 now, and many of them I take smaller doses of. That helps. I am certainly feeling better. While I still have daily symptoms, the pain is nearly gone.
The Christmas tree has finally come down. Been up since 2006 - our first ever tree. 14 days left to pack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had a fiasco with a baby bird this week. (aka Tweetie) Something happened to the mama turtle dove (from our bedroom window.) The single baby was still naked with closed eyes - not more than 2 inches long. So it was 24 hours of feeding him mushed cat food and him sleeping on the heating pad with a little thermometer. I made phone call after phone all that time, struggling to find ANYONE who would take him. Finding absolutely no one, and having to leave for MI, I put him back in the nest on the windowsill and prayed for a new mama for him - of any bird species.
(We would've taken him on the trip but that he'd have been in the hot car all day. He would've had no better chance of surviving.)
Putting him back was the best shot I could give him. However, this decision left me balling my eyes out. Duh. And sure enough, he was dead when we got home - about 30 hours after putting him back in the nest.
Why it is that God didn't bring him a new mama bird when I asked him to is a whole other topic.
I have adamantly decided one thing though. That common idea that it's "nature's way" or "these things happen to animals" is foolish. "These things happen" to humans too. But it's a rare person that would be so low as to say it. I don't believe animals are equal to humans. And especially having experienced malnutrition, I will continue to eat meat. But I've got limits with the flippancy. They're worth something too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home