The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Goin' to CA


Thanks to the friend who wrote the post "'Pink Grace' Re-told":

This is a link to someone's explanation of the sparkles (aka Glory Dust). It has pictures and mentions oil. There is some scientific info thrown in. I acknowledge that the fact-based parts do kinda read "Fact. Fact. Emotion presented as fact. Fact. Theory presented as fact. Fact." Nonetheless, the facts are in there, and I know some of you are gonna be curious.

Sparkle Link
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We leave for California on Wednesday morning. We get back Sunday night.

D has a conference to attend Thursday and Friday. I've decided to spend those 2 days alone in the hotel room kinda doing a spiritual retreat thing. (Those of you that have talked to me just lately know I need one! And to you peeps; I sure wouldn't mind some prayer cover. Focus on my trust in God. Thanks.)

Saturday, we will have some version of CA Fun - by some method we have not yet decided on. There is a nifty desert park nearby. The opportunity to get some tick-less nature might be too good to pass up. Um, deserts don't have ticks, right?

Saturday night, we plan to go to Harvest Rock Church. Sunday might be better (like more people), but we leave fairly early for the airport. (On second read-through of this, here: Thuh Churchy Wurchy.)

And Sunday, we think we're gonna get to see some of D's family in the Denver airport during our 3 hour layover. Hope so!

By the way, we have a total of 5 hours in planes 0ne-way. I happen to know the trip to Japan doesn't take more than 12. How far is California anyway?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been sewing on the apron. I've got about a half dozen words/phrases done. It's kinda cool. The words are in my cursive handwriting - sans the bumps that are included because I can't line up each stitch perfectly. Some words are thin for the first few letters, then switch to thick because I didn't realize I had 2 thicknesses of thread to deal with - it's like changing pens in the middle of a word. As to how great I thought it'd be to be dwelling on the words as I stitched them - not so much. I have to keep my focus on the stitches. Very relaxing though. Too bad I can't take a needle on a plane.

The leaders of our Friday night group gave us a bookshelf. It's 3 1/2 feet wide, 1 foot short of the ceiling, and solid wood - even the backing. Suhweet. Same peeps we got the couch from, and a book, and a picture that's now in our living room. Maybe they should move in. (Thank you, Lovely Peeps.)

Oh, and I can do the laundry now! I avoid it on days I hear neighbors screaming at each other and such. Wouldn't want to bump into a Grump. Nonetheless, I can do it! Helpful to D and I both - especially D.

FYI. The Lyme Doc appointment that was for last Wednesday got moved to Wednesday the 27th.

Ooooh! Ooooh! And I got a new purse! I walked into the 3-5 year old class yesterday morning (12 kids!) and my purse handle busted. So, I got me a trip to Penney's. Would you believe D picked it out? For serious. The man picked out our living room curtains too. He's got an eye.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Now if you will excuse moi, I have a 4-Day Party to pack for, World Vision kiddos to write, 847 loads of dishes to do (dishes on weekends - yeah right), and about 2 hours of homework I should've already done for my counselor for tonight. I'll be back here next week. Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home