The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

News of the Week

Look! It's me and Mr. Husband! 'Cept he's more lamb-sized too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to some misgivings about the laptop's sanity, 214 favorite pictures from our first 2 years have now been printed. Wedding and Greece pictures were skipped, since we do have them stored on CD's. Now for a photo album of monstrous proportions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 4 guppies ditched swimming last week in favor of hovering. They congregate on the gravel, sit still, and mumu waaaay too fast. Nothing was different except that I had put a plastic flower pot in the tank the day before it started. A few days ago, not finding anything else wrong, I took out the pot and replaced about 90% of their water. Yesterday, put the guppies back in. For a couple hours, they swam. Now, they're hovering and doing the rapid mumus.

I have had a tank since I was about 9. I've done well with 'em. I am frustrated beyond belief. And Harry the Tetra will have to deal with staying in quarantine until I can get the tank healthy again. Poor Harry. Shoot, poor guppies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last weekend's conference:
(Which I think I mentioned we were gonna go to.)

All I will say in a public place is that extroverts freak me OUT!
The group was loud. I am quiet.
They like to dance. I'd rather be super-glued to the chair.
Kind teaching is done in a yelling fashion. At my most hyper, I'd still rather be whispered to.

And yet, this is not the first of these I have willingly attended. Next time, I take my Stealthy Undercover Invisible-Body Machine. And my Big Red Mute-the-World Button.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tangent, but...

Our church is rebooting our House Groups this coming Sunday. Which got me thinking;
WHERE do we fit in?

Take a "young married no-kids-yet" group. Byeeeeh (wrong answer buzzer noise). We look like them, but we're parents. They can't possibly get it.

So, we head for the "young married have-little-kids" group. Byeeeh. We don't have a clue what it is to raise children, and half of them wouldn't give us the time of day as parents anyway. (Aside. Our House Group is kinda this group and we do fit. But, ya know, House Groups are rebooting.)

And so we turn back to the groups we already hang with most, the "could easily be our parents" group. Here, we have the people who know what it is to be parents, have been around long enough to know loss, and as a nice bonus, they've been around long enough to know about things as freakish as Lyme.

Now as much as I hate to admit it, my mother was right about the topic: You'll never have a group you fully fit with. But I prefer to have someone we fit easily with besides a support group.

Nevertheless, it's very frustrating that everyone our age is so, well, care-free. In college, we both had a same-age group we had tons in common with. Looks like it'll be a few decades before we do that again. We're so weird!

"Could easily be our parents" group, I hope you hear simple frustration and not "ew gross." We looove you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home