The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Worship Yesterday

I'm specifically writing to tell you that worship yesterday was ROCKIN' AWESOME!

We sang like 2 songs, then sang one involving "holy holy holy." I tell you, there's no way to sing those words and it not have an effect on people. Somewhere in the middle of it, I thought I felt the atmosphere "shift." It's this "God's here" feeling that I'm slowly starting to recognize. The next song was "Oh Happy Day" and by the end, the place went nuts.

When the song ended, the room broke out in spontaneous clapping - and clapping and clapping. Made me think of what happens when people clap for the president. Many were yelling things like, "Jesuuus!" and "Praise you Lord!" Most of us were giggling and laughing. And then the clapping turned into the kind you here at a football game - everyone timing it together. It was like God dumped a heap of joy on the room.

Afterward, David went and got communion for us. But trying to pray with me, he couldn't do it. We were both laughing too hard. I just went, "Ok, look. Thanks, God!" And that was that.

I'm still on a high from it! Which, ya know, is why I'm blogging on a Monday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But while I'm at it; our House Group re-boot didn't happen. We *think* we know whose group we'll be in. We can tell ya for sure in 2 weeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the guppies are fine. We went to a nice petstore Saturday and explained the situation to a man that works there. The theory is that the plastic flower pot I put in the tank must've had dish soap residue on it. Ironically, I washed it in the first place for fear there was something dangerous on it, and I did rinse it a bajillion times. Detergent will adhere to their gills, keeping them from breathing.

Anyway, the man told us to add sea salt to the aquarium to make their gills slimy, and give them a round of a certain antibiotic as a precaution. We did both immediately and as of today, less than 48 hours later, they seem normal. Not being too hasty, Harry will go in the tank this weekend. And one week later, barring problems, we'll get more fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home