The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Howdy-Ho Neighbor!

  • Blogger's image uploader isn't working - as of 10 seconds after I put up the fish pictures last night. So I'm afraid I'll have to bore you with words. I do apologize.
  • Two nights ago, we sat on the bathroom floor, me with a calculator, looking at the tiles. D was trying to help me figure out what the sum of the interior angles of a hexagon would be. Just for fun. The man has warped me.
  • Beau can stick his tongue out. I had no idea. He's taken to licking the cage bars.
  • I got most of the paintball paint out of D's old jeans. He had fun on the Men's Retreat yes indeed.
  • And I actually slept pretty good without him. Totally God - I know I can't do that. I can't even nap in the daylight when he's away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of God, for about 8 months now, I've been fully aware that it was Him answering prayers one particular night that currently makes me alive. It was an overnight improvement that continued, after about 3 months of going nowhere but downhill. And now I'm rather weirded out when he I see Him doing supernatural things. Seriously, you'd think I'd easily trust His power after that. I couldn't sit here typing if it weren't for Him using his strength. You'd think I'd trust it. Him. I mean - Him taking action...

All that 1 Cor.12 stuff - What it amounts to is that I love it when God does such things with me - especially when it's the stuff that doesn't require the presence of another human. But other people doing it - or doing it with other people present - that's what weirds me out. Wait. The problem isn't the power, it's the people. (Ewww people are groddy. They all have coodies!)

Rhetorical question, but what am I supposed to do to get past that?! Gaaag!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • I spent 3 hours Tuesday organizing the second bedroom. That's all it took to triple the floorspace in there, give us a room instead of a storage closet, and clear 6 more square feet of floor in the kitchen too. Ahhh, refreshing! Why didn't I do that 2 months ago?
  • I've had very sober, emotionally draining conversations 3 days in a row now and I REALLY need to watch a movie. And dip warm gooey chocolate chip cookies in milk.
  • Which makes me think: We grabbed a package of chocolate chip cookies at Whole Foods Monday night, and David said, "Those are the ones we took to the hotel in February. Those are really good." Thus making me clearly remember sitting in the hotel room, eating the cookies, physically and emotionally miserable, trying to name J. I took them out of his hand and put them back. We actually ended up getting the exact same cookies in a different package. It's just something about the way the package looked.
  • I'm reading Isaiah at the moment. Usually, when I read the Bible, I tell myself I'll read 1 or 2 chapters and then I look for the next chapter number, hoping the ones I picked are short. Yesterday, I found myself looking for the next chapter number and being relieved to see it was over 2 pages away. And I'm having to limit how much I let myself underline. This is great! I'm on like chapter 45 and I started Saturday.
  • D agreed that if I could get 100 people to join a "We Want D" Facebook group, he'd get a profile. We're up to 93. Anyone wanna join FB and help me out?
  • Our Friday night group is pulling an all-nighter to pray for the election tomorrow. No way will we stay all night - I'll start shaking. But we'll be there late. And since we usually wait until 11 before we all go out to eat together anyway, this'll really throw my sleep pattern for a loop. :)
  • Between this bullet and the last one, we waited in line 2 hours to vote in front of a man wearing knee-high lace-up moccasins with fringe on top, who was talking in a high voice about how very exciting it is to be seeing all these [democratic] changes in government. (And in front of us was a gorilla wearing a yellow polka dot bikini, shaving her legs, and singing "R-E-S!-P-E-C-T!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home