The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jury Duty

Howdy there. Feels like 3 weeks have happened in this one. I'll get ya caught up real quick. Don't really feel like yacking. I'm tired. Just staying on my "blog every Thursday" routine.

Last Thursday was my first-ever day of jury duty. Story unto itself. But here's the big deal of the day: Ever have God just "download" something into your head? As in you weren't even thinking about the topic, when you suddenly have a massive clear insight into it, head and heart both fully engaged? If not, I hadn't either. Not before that trip to CA a couple months ago. But anyway...

I'd been sitting in the courtroom since 9. Mid-afternoon, sitting there being bored, a clear emotion suddenly hit me - If you were the person being accused, and the first thing they do in the morning is make sure no one is there who might support you, how disheartening would that be?! What a horrible sinking feeling right then when you need a friend.

When that hit me in the stomach, I mumbled, "Jesus." (Silently of course.) And it immediately hit me; JESUS! It would've been worth being put on the jury just to get that. Which, by the way, didn't happen.

ETA: Answering the first comment here. I'm referring to Jesus being our friend while we are "on trial" before God. An attorney who was willing to take our punishment for us so we wouldn't have to take it. A judge who he has heavy influence with. In fact, a judge who actually raised him from the dead so he could have that influence. It's not even something we can understand.

Tons more understanding has come since that moment. Once I got that "Courtroom Grid" in my head, God started building off it. It's been great.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger James & Andrea said...

    Do you mean that Jesus was on trial without a friend or that Jesus is our friend when we are on trial? Just clarifying.

    I really learned a lot from my two different experiences being on a jury. One was the grand jury stuff which meant we heard evidence against someone and agreed or disagreed that someone should go to trial. It was a three month thing every Wednesday. Thankfully, I was an alternate on for only one month (I was getting married in December!).

    I think what would be REALLY hard is to be on one of those long complicated trials or be on the national ones where you have to fly somewhere.

    Our senator is on trial and the jury is deliberating right now. One poor lady's father died and she left so the jury is in the lurch until and if they call in an alternate it will take until after the election anyway to decide the results since they will have to start over with deliberations.

    You probably didn't want to hear all this. It looks a whole lot like an email. Maybe I should've just written you.

    Oh well. Just checking in.

    -Andrea

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home