The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Monday, October 13, 2008

"Your attention is MINE."

They really do rule their humans, don't they?
~~~~~~~~~~~
These first 2 sections I copied from an email I sent my parents on Sunday:
So coming home from the conference late last night, D
was unlocking the back door when I heard a scurrying
in the bushes 3 feet behind us. Always eager to see a
critter,I spun around, and ended up saying, "Look! A
possum butt!"

Just 5 feet from us, wedged into a depression under
the neighbor's wood fence, was said possum butt. A
tuft of beige fur, a foot of furless pink tail sticking
straight up in the air, and one up-turned back foot
revealing cute little pink paw pads. He thought he
was hiding in the hole. Perfectly still - pink tail
and pink paw pads glowing.

After a few seconds, it occurred to us to whip out
the camera. But we didn't make it. He must've
thought we hadn't noticed and he silently slipped
through to the neighbor's yard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, we found a house group. And no joke that sparkles
showed up. We'd spent the evening eagerly talking
about pursuing signs and wonders - a fairly new idea
at our church. And lo and behold, sparkles. Shooowee.
I tell you peeps, we done found somethin' up here.
Lo'dy.

Get it? Found the Lo'dy? Haha.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Thursday, we went to the Lyme doc. The previous
day, I went over the lists of symptoms I keep - all
the ones since April. Looks like I AM having relapses.
I'd thought I wasn't just because they've been so mild.
But the extra-bad days are pretty consistently one month
apart. That means the Lyme must still be alive and
kickin' in me. That's the biggest news.

I'm still on the antibiotic. Been about 14 months
now. My main symptom, the muscle quivering, may well
be my very low magnesium level. I got an IV bag of
it while there, and my daily dose got doubled.

The trip into Grand Rapids is gorgeous though. The
2 hours just west of town are lined with colorful fall
trees. Many shades of green, and bright red, orange,
and yellow. Though it looked similar that whole 2-hour
stretch, it was still easy to keep staring. Really nice.

P.S. If this is formatted funny, blogger seems to be
having a prob with it at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home