The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Colorado




Names are on blankets. 8 hours total. The photo is one of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other pictures are of the building where we've had our Friday night group up till now (since February when we first went). The table is where we had the lesson part. The ceiling is what I call "the soaking view." We'd usually all sprawl out on the floor to listen to worship music at the end. It seems that most people close their eyes, but I kinda like the ceiling. (We're meeting at the same place we have Sunday morning now.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Christmas cards are either sent, or have addressed envelopes. Score.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went to get the oil changed tonight. I do not know if it was a God thought, but twice I thought I should get my coat out of the back seat, and didn't. We get out. I shut my door. David shuts his door. And I immediately hear one of the employees say to him, "You locked your keys in the car?" I spin around, and realize my set of keys, though unusual, is in my coat pocket. In the car. Great.

So the car's running in the middle of the lot. Two of the guys tried to open it. One locksmith, 30 minutes, and $55 later, we left. Without the oil change - since they'd closed in the meantime. The guys were so nice though, there was a pleasant side to it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and I decided to tell David that what I want for Christmas is to get the cardboard shelving out. of. my. KITCHEN. Serious shelving here I come. Not that it's pink or sparkly or nostalgic - but I am a kitchen type of girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have officially shoveled snow for the first time. Though the center of our parking lot is plowed into the windows of the ground-level apartments, our tires still are fully trapped. It's unbelievable. Like living in a vat of brown sugar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're leaving for Colorado on Wednesday and coming back Sunday. Excuse the soon-to-be-missed blog post.

We had a good discussion tonight:
"How duh Cahluhrahduhns say 'Cahluhrahduh?'"
"CahluhRADO." (like the "a" in "cat")
"CahluhrahDO."
"CahluhRADO."
"Cahluh-rAdO... That sounds ridiculous! It feels weird in my mouth! It's gross. That's not how anybody talks... Cahluh-rAdO. No, it's CahluhRAHDUH. Just like it's always been. It's been 'Cahluhrahduh' ever since I learned how to say 'Cahluhrahduh.'"
(David's laughing now.) "CahluhRADO."
"Grew up in Cahluhrahduh and ya don't even know how to say it."

Donch y'all worry. Ahm workin' on 'im.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home