The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

We're outta here.



It's nearly 6 on Thursday. In 12 hours, we'll be doing the last minute we-gotta-get-outta-here stuff.

Those of you that emailed or Facebooked and haven't been responded to, you will be. But in about 10 days I'm afraid.

It's been so hard to be in this state of mind and pack for a week-long trip. Two hours of crying today wasn't helping - needed as it was.

Going on this trip is a real privilege. I'm both grateful, and glad we're going. But my mood is not in the mood. I was telling someone else this yesterday. It's like my heart is naturally inclined toward sadness right now, but the trip will be inclined toward fun and excitement. It's very grating.

And yet, I'm glad we're going. Emotions are complicated.

We'll spend all of Friday traveling. Saturday will be the Redwoods - if I'm still gutsy enough to risk the ticks at that time. Sunday is multiple church services. Monday afternoon, the conference starts. It goes through Wednesday night. We fly home Thursday.

We're going with 2 other couples that we're close to. Or rather, we'll meet up with them when we get there.

Someone from the vet is coming twice a day to give Molly her insulin. (The picture is from when she still had the IV catheter in her arm. She had to keep it in over a weekend in case of another run to the critter ER. By the way, she really likes D's shoes. Did I tell you the story of her barfing in his dress shoe a couple years ago?)

I'm taking the bear our church sent "us." On the plane and in the car and sleeping with it and and and. (That's him in the picture.)

I spent a good hour and a half today just taking care of my pills. Deet, people. Deet.

And did I mention that J's and T's urns being only different in color is seriously messing with my head? I'm still living in "no way did this happen" land. But T's looks like an awful lot like J's. THAT really DID happen again. I can't even grasp it.

We may have some access to email this week. Not sure. We will have our cells.

Gimme 10 days.
Adieu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home