The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Orange

I have one particular thing I've been thinking the last few days I want to tell you. So I'll start there...

Go ahead and groan - it's another guppy-related post - but a God-story too. Hang in there.

It was about 2 weeks ago that I had a daydream. Something to the effect of "When a guppy dies, I never even know it apart from the others. But that one orange one - I'd know him." He was the one gup of about 70 that I could instantly recognize, and one of my favorites.

Maybe an hour later, I wondered over to the fish. I was looking at the boys. That one orange one, ditching the technicalities, wasn't gonna make it much longer. I had no clue anything was wrong. Nothing was wrong with the others.

So, I immediately realize that daydream had been a God thing, though I didn't quite understand. "Uh, thanks for the warning. Good to know you're on it." Later, I told him, "But I really wanted to breed that one. He was the only orange one."

A few days later, the guppy died and I took him out. The next day, I was staring at them again. Three of the smaller males had orange on their tails. The day after that, I realized, "Wait! They weren't orange before!"

Several of the other guppies had gotten orange within 24 hours of the ONLY orange one dying.

A friend asked me a few days later if it's possible that their colors simply changed. (Guppies do gradually develop/change coloring.) The least dramatic of the
explanations is that they did a normal color change - at a supernatural speed.

I LOVE it! I mean, I love being looked out for. He knows what I care about.

~~~~~~~~~~

Other stuff:

I have to get a big blood draw tomorrow morning (Friday.) We did the first part of it (9ish of 39 total vials) over a week ago.

David comes home in an hour and I still have to do the dishes.

We're working on the budget. Zzzzz.

My facebook has a link to a rad video about our church that was just made - the video, not the church.

And oh crud, I forgot I have to divy up my pill bags. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home