The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Peace

I used to pray for peace so I could go to sleep. I learned this week that peace is an action word - compelling - giving courage and motivation.

Sunday, I imagined myself doing something really hard. The idea came with a thick peace - a type I'd never felt before. Two days later, I did the thing I'd imagined, still with that thick, compelling peace.

Peace doesn't always mean rest. Nor is it the absence of difficulty.

Peace is the thing you need so you can do the important impossible.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Very good description... and very fitting for working in the Peace Corps!

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger CompassionMama said...

    Yes. The thing you did Tuesday was a very good thing. And to do it with peace, well, that's just God.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home