The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

How DID I Get Here!



Life is so good. It just occurred to me. Here am I, only 24, and already living my dream. I'm a housewife who answers to nobody but a loving husband. No boss at work or anybody evaluating what I do during the day. Just a husband who trusts me to take care of things for the home and is pleased to let me do it entirely my way.

My life has no demands on it. I have responsibilities, but no pressure. I have to keep hubby well-fed, but if I burn it, he likes the extra flavor. I have to keep the house clean, but if I'm too tired, I can nap.

And even there, the house which I have to work with is good. It's spacious. It's simple. It's private and safe. We have all we need, but not enough that it gets in the way.

I have plenty of friends, both here and from past places. But it's a small enough number that I can stay close to them.

God has been changing me in the last few weeks. Nothing concrete, but an answer to prayer. Things like conviction, faith, and understanding. I live in a reality that I did not know existed. My comprehension of what God can do and with what ease and swiftness has stunned me. It's caused me to lay in bed laughing hysterically as realization came. (My poor amused husband.) I am not the same as I was and still I am rapidly changing. It's not a matter of something that can be seen or touched, yet it's as solid and real as a rock inside me. I am wearing the same body around a different person.

And here I sit, somewhere on the western edge of a dense city, quiet and alone, yet feeling every soul out there. I live peacefully, comfortably, and secluded; yet so aware. God is moving. Glory to him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home