God Still Works
Howdy, Folks!This is a puzzle D and I just finished - 1,000 pieces, about 2 x 2 1/2 feet. It took us about a month. Ten minutes to an hour here and there and voila! This started as a compromise between D wanting to play board games and me wanting to sit and talk for hours. Worked out beautifully!
God Still Works
In other news, I'm feeling better to the extent that I'm living like a normal person again! I'm back to being able to keep my daily routine that I'd set up a couple months before getting sick. One routine at a time, the house is looking like I'm taking care of it again. And somewhere in the 3 months of not always even being able to cook our food, I've lost my perfectionism. That should be beneficial to the rest of my life and will likely make me far less annoying to D and our kids. Glory be, I got my life back!
Getting deeper into this topic... Being normal again is a direct result of being prayed for this past Sunday. A group of about 5 gathered around me and prayed for me - pretty well informing my body it was just flat fine now. And by golly God answered! I'd (basically) been sick for 5 months up through Sunday, was prayed for, and Monday I was the H of 5 months ago again. This is Wednesday. I'm convinced.
One thing about it though: Remember the man whose eyes Jesus healed? The one who Jesus had to heal again because the first time hadn't been thorough. (The guy that said people looked like trees.)
Well, I don't understand that. And it seems like there must be a bigger explanation than "Jesus couldn't get it right." Nevertheless, I seem to be like that man. I am absolutely healed. D could confirm that. But I seem to be in "people look like trees" mode. There are mild residual pains that show up briefly, one of us prays about, and they vanish again.
To the best of my shallow understanding, this is just part of the spiritual war going on every moment. God heals me and Satan dares to challenge Him.
This has really been an amazing journey the last few days as D and I watch what my body does in response to ours and others prayers. I really wish that those of you close enough to us to bother reading this blog could be here to also be filled with wonder. At the same time, it's been awesome getting to just travel the road and learn with my dear hubby. At the least, I figure I can tell y'all about it here.
(Another note on this topic: I have had this happen before. I had a couple years worth of back and nerve pain that was caused by 3 herniated discs. It was a daily annoyance/problem for all that time. There came a point where I was fed up with it though. I knew at that time that God could and did heal people instantly as a result of prayer. Not having anyone else that believed that to pray for me, I did it myself. That was just as I fell asleep and within 5 minutes of waking up, it dawned on me, "Hey! It doesn't hurt! Nothing hurts!" That was at least 5 years ago. I'm still fine. In all that time, there have been no more than a half dozen instances where it hurt. They were all brief and mild.)
I am still treating the Lyme - no one panic. In fact, I put a ticker on the right side of the blog counting me down to the loveliness of not being on a synthetic med (ew.) Too, yesterday I ordered 12 8oz. boxes of soy noodles. That's right - nothin' but soy beans. They have got to be better than the spaghetti squash I tried to make mac n' cheese with last time! I'm sincerely hoping that carbs can re-enter my life at some point, even if in small amounts. Meanwhile, I'm counting my blessings that I can eat this way since I do need to. And I'm trying soy pasta.
Hehe - and we all thought D wouldn't eat many things.
Details
Tonight is our second-to-last marriage course/date thing. The last one next week will be a potluck.
Tomorrow night is the first meeting of our new house group. We're with a lot of the same people, but we're shaking things up a bit. I think we have about 15. Fortunately, D and I'll be driving to the same friends' house that we've been going to already. How convenient!
And half of you already know this, but my brother has gotten word that he'll be stateside again around February and have a month-long leave around March.
Toodles. Have a lovely.
Labels: Lyme Disease, The God Journey

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home