Pink Grace

It's been like a month! Duuude!
So throwing the last month's worth atcha:
We moved. Nice place. Diggin' it. Odors are an issue, but nothing else is. We still have a quarter of our stuff in boxes, but are budgetting for shelves (cue "Someday I'll Wish Upon a Star" music). All of said boxes have been banned to the 2nd bedroom. And since I mentioned the topic to many of you pre-move, I'm still not comfortable with doing the laundry. However, the laundry room ranks lower on the Creepy Scale than the last one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You've heard sparkle stories. How 'bout a PINK sparkle story?!
We went to a conference one week ago.
Whole seperate topic regarding my foul attitude. I simply must mention it to be able to fully give God credit for the following.
At one of the last sessions, I asked God for pink. Here's where my foul attitude plays a pivotal role. I absolutely did not have the faith to even look. At that point, I was far too deep into "God doesn't like me anymore" (lala) Land.
But an hour after my asking, a LOAD of pink sparkles appeared at D's feet. Thinking back on it, that makes sense. God wants to answer, but I'm not bothering to look and D is. The obvious choice of whose feet to drop them at would be my husband's.
So now there's pink sparkles stuck between the pages of my Bible (along with gold, silver, and dark red). That's what the picture is of. It's not clear, but I tried. There's actually twice that amount - the others just didn't catch the light. Try clicking on the picture. It might get bigger for ya.
And get this. We put one of them on top my pink sapphire (engagement ring). We were able to see only part of the outline of the sparkle against the stone. The shade was precise.
Show the slightest little hint that you believe me, and I'll boggle your mind further. Well, technically, God will. But I'll let him borrow my fingers for it. There is so much to tell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been doing a lot of sewing lately - mainly making, altering, or backing curtains. Our mini-blinds have as much as 2 inches between them. Real nice when it's dark outside and we have lights on.
However, I've also been wanting to add color to a black and white apron I have. (Hi, Visitor! The rest of you can ignore this sidenote.) It has 24 flower petals on it with a wide range of sizes. I've decided to sew a different word or phrase into each petal. I pulled them out of places like Philippians 4 ("think about such things") and 1 Cor. 13 ("love is"). I figure it's the perfect project. Each word will take a while to sew, and I'll naturally have to think about that word while I'm doing it. Then I'm left with a reminder of all the time I spent thinking about them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of fun, we watched Ice Age the Meltdown on Sunday. Ya know the squirrel that chases his acorn across the glacier? He's called "Scrat." Turns out, a scrat is a saber-toothed squirrel. (Squirrel + Rat maybe?) The interesting part of it is; this new knowledge has made me feel brilliant. What is my deal? For all I know, it's not even true. I think the phrase "saber-toothed squirrel" and suddenly feel that I have a doctorate in Squirrelage.
Labels: The God Journey

1 Comments:
At 2:30 PM ,
James & Andrea said...
Hi, I'm glad you're back. The sparkles are really cool, and I really like your idea about the apron.
Maybe you could show pictures of your new apartment sometime?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home