The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Friday, September 19, 2008

If God was a Bag of Salad...

I'm SURE he'd let me do this!

I was reading through my old posts and came across this one.

It basically says that life is grand, I'm surprised by how good it is, and I'm grateful for it. This was pre-Lyme, pre-kids, and pre-learning that God is way different than we thought.

It's like the calm before the storm. Got me thinking. Did God know how hard things would soon be, and so was giving us a lovely time of rest first?

Not that I think God caused the hard stuff. But given how good things were, and how bad they soon got, it makes me wonder. Maybe that time period was the comfort that comes before even needing it - the ever-present provision and kindness of God.

Maybe it was kind of a "I don't want you to go through all this, but since I know you're going to, I'm gonna lasso you into a big ole hug first."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting note: At the end, I mentioned that God was definitely changing something in me. I mentioned a new reality and being a different person. And this was before I even knew what I was talking about! Back then, it was just a hunch, a solid knowing. And now look at some of our wild recent posts! Dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home