The Lockenessmonsters

'Cause I don't like mass emails.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Love

God was busy in worship on Sunday...

(I wrote this story out on Monday morning. But I seem to have packed it so full of squealing that my mother could hardly read it. I've re-written it. But do tell me if there's something you don't understand.)

~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday morning, during worship, I was at the front on my knees. It wasn't out of reverance. Rather, I was overcome with God's LOVE for me.

While there, I put 2 pictures together in my head.

1) From Revelations 5 and 8: "'You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain'... and heaven was silent for half an hour"

2) THIS is who kneels in front of me, washing my feet!

The tenderness of Jesus blows me away. The humility, the mercy, the sweetness. I dropped from my knees to my face - laughing! I laughed off and on the rest of worship.

By the way, a line in one of the songs, "you have taken my diseases," brought on one of the rounds of laughing. Most of you will see why.

~~~~~~~~~

Later, back on my knees again, I was singing with my eyes closed. I was imagining a scene in heaven. Angels (and other creatures) were around Father and Jesus, singing praise to them.

While seeing this in my head, I was (literally) on my knees yelling to them, "Heaven, sing louder! Heaven! Sing LOUDER!" I don't think I've ever addressed the angels/creatures before in my life.

A few songs later, near the end, someone came to the front and said, "Did anyone else hear the angels singing?"

There were instantly 20+ "Yes" noises - rather enthusiastic ones!

It was hours later that I put that together with what I'd been yelling at the time. (Not that I think I caused it.)

~~~~~~~~~~

It was immediately following this worship that I found a friend and eagerly blurted out, "Can I pray for you?" (I don't think I've ever offered to pray for anyone period.)

While praying for her, she asked me to pray for a friend of hers, who I've never met. Clueless as to what to say about this person, I paused mid-prayer, and had a piece of info about her friend pop into my head.

I asked her if this info was right.

Her eyes were wide as she said it was.

May I admit I screamed? She, having just been told by yours truly, that I don't get words from God, was laughing.

(Screaming IS what you're supposed to do when God speaks to you, right?)

Now I'm curious to see to what extent God will continue giving me specifics to pray for.

~~~~~~~~~~

One of my friends, who'd never gotten sparkles before, had gold on her cheek.

One of our friends thought he perceived an angel, and mentioned it to his wife. Her response was basically, "Duh. He's been moving all over the room." She'd been seeing him for a while.

I overheard others saying they'd seen angels up above us.

I know of atleast 2 others that were laughing through worship like I was - though I didn't know at the time. Apparently I wasn't the only person God was shaking up.

Get it? "Shaking up?" :)

~~~~~~~~~~

I truly wish it were possible to describe God himself - to paint a picture of what he's doing *inside* us. I hate having to resort to angels to do the painting. They are amazing, but they don't compare.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Holly, your Awesome.
    Thank God for you.
    Love second cousin Pam

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Sakaguchi's said...

    I really enjoyed reading your blog. thanks for sharing!! Praise God!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home