Thurs. Oct. 22, 2009

Wanna know what's in my head?! Me too! Let's find out!
Ok, so yesterday I'm reading Brother Lawrence, and I come across this extreme bodaciousness: "Oh my God, since you are with, and I must now apply my mind to these outward things, I ask you to grant me the grace to continue in your presence... receive all my works, and possess all my affections." Seriously, that's deep. If you want it to be.
I've learned a ton from this guy about being aware of God's presence - paying attention to him, and being influenced by him. Yeah. So then I realize that Bro Lawrence thought God had caused some illness he was having. Atleast he also had the presence of mind to *trust* God's love in his illness, but good grief!
So I'm thinking; If he can be tight enough with God to teach others to be so too, and I already have the heads-up that God doesn't hurt people, then that kinda sounds like there's some potential for my own ability to have a good influence... right?
Ok whatever. What else is in my head?
Oh yeah! Head! Ok, so ya know that Ephesians thing, "Wives, submit to your husbands...the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church?" You do? Me too.
Yeah, so ya know what Christ did for the church? He set her free, empowered her, and said, "You'll do greater things than me." Anyone else find that sit-up-straight worthy?
Let's see...
I discovered today, much to my bafflement and glee, that I have a big ole honkin' cookbook I've never gone through. Hopefully, this will result in good new recipes. Something needs to remedy how we sit down for dinner and have to just be grateful that we have something to gag on. I take responsibility.
I was really stoked on Sunday 'cause I got a word (ie "message from God," but that's extra syllables) for somebody. Anyway, that's happened several times now, but that was the best reaction I've seen so far. It's like God said, "Hey, wanna give this happy-pill to that dude and see what happens?"
Ok, really, the focus was the dude and not me, but let's face it; that's a hoot.
That pious sentence makes me think:
So last week, I have 2 daydreams in 1 day. One involves "almonds in the Bible." The other involves a "boiling cauldron." The next day, leaving out the mini-story here, God leads me to Jeremiah 1. Give you 1 guess what 2 objects are in Jeremiah 1.
God tells Jeremiah to do something, and Jeremiah's response is, "But I'm only a child." Guess what, people? I've been thinking for a while that I can't do a good job with tasks God gives me because "I like to act like a kid."
Anyway, God tells Jeremiah, "Do not say 'I am only a child.'"
Now people, you are probably far more reserved, intellectual, and respectable than myself, so you'll have to take my word for it: THAT FEELS REALLY GOOD TO HEAR... read... ya know.
So as of last week, my paradigm is changing. (I'm probably the only 4 year old who knows the word "paradigm.") I've learned that giggling is a legitimate prayer, and that if you want to gleefully nickname the Lion of the tribe of Judah "RARRR," lightning won't strike your apartment.
For those of you who didn't miss that "do not say" can also be read as "don't make excuses," I'm probably smiling more than you. But I hope not.
Ok, bye.
Labels: The God Journey

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home