Prove me wrong, Lord!
This is the post where I thank God for proving me wrong!
I grew up being told that the Holy Spirit kind of exists. When we were baptized with water, He would park inside us and idle. Supposedly, he was doing something in there, but He seemed a dull fellow.
I was 12ish when I started questioning this. Eagerly desiring the greater spiritual gifts was not happening in the theology I was taught, but it was clearly happening in the Bible I was reading.
Seven years of questioning later, I finally determined to leave the religion I was raised in. I was ditching religion to have relationship, but what in the world that was going to look like, I had no clue!
Seven years after that, and I found myself being healed from some physical insanity as a result of prayer. Several times, I would feel pain leave me while people prayed. It's been enlightening.
Now, in the last week, I'm watching God do some pretty bizarre stuff. Looks like my healing has just been the beginning.
Ever watch on TV as some pastor would pray for someone, putting his hand on their forehead, and they'd go down like they passed out? I always thought that was stupid. I couldn't figure out how, but I knew they were faking and trying to make money. I mean, isn't it obvious to everyone?
But now D and I have both caught someone as they went down. I had to sit because I was starting to go down myself. And someone that D had his hand on while he was praying for him says D's hand was on fire (a common feeling when God's moving we hear).
Furthermore, the woman that I caught found me 2 days later to tell me she's pain free now (which is what we were praying for - it'd been over 5 years for her).
Lemme tell ya, religion sucks. Relationship though is really fun.
I grew up being told that the Holy Spirit kind of exists. When we were baptized with water, He would park inside us and idle. Supposedly, he was doing something in there, but He seemed a dull fellow.
I was 12ish when I started questioning this. Eagerly desiring the greater spiritual gifts was not happening in the theology I was taught, but it was clearly happening in the Bible I was reading.
Seven years of questioning later, I finally determined to leave the religion I was raised in. I was ditching religion to have relationship, but what in the world that was going to look like, I had no clue!
Seven years after that, and I found myself being healed from some physical insanity as a result of prayer. Several times, I would feel pain leave me while people prayed. It's been enlightening.
Now, in the last week, I'm watching God do some pretty bizarre stuff. Looks like my healing has just been the beginning.
Ever watch on TV as some pastor would pray for someone, putting his hand on their forehead, and they'd go down like they passed out? I always thought that was stupid. I couldn't figure out how, but I knew they were faking and trying to make money. I mean, isn't it obvious to everyone?
But now D and I have both caught someone as they went down. I had to sit because I was starting to go down myself. And someone that D had his hand on while he was praying for him says D's hand was on fire (a common feeling when God's moving we hear).
Furthermore, the woman that I caught found me 2 days later to tell me she's pain free now (which is what we were praying for - it'd been over 5 years for her).
Lemme tell ya, religion sucks. Relationship though is really fun.
Labels: Learn about H, The God Journey

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home